Fire Damages Multiple Outbuildings
The Bath Township Fire Department responded to 2570 Stewart Road after receiving a 911 call for a shed on fire at 3:49 A.M. on Tuesday, November 7, 2023. Firefighters arrived to find two outbuildings (sheds) and a chicken coop heavily involved in fire.
The residence is owned by Vicky Allen, of Lima and occupied by Charles and Lory Lee, who were home at the time of the fire. According to the occupants, the property is insured.
Fire officials estimate the damage to be approximately $15,000 to the structures. An estimate of damage to the contents is not available at this time due to the large number of personal items and recreational vehicles stored in the buildings.
The fire is not suspicious, and investigators believe it was started due to an electrical malfunction.
There were no injuries to the residents or to firefighters. Firefighters remained on the scene for over three hours.
Contact person: Joseph Kitchen, Fire Chief: 419-221-0550